Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Truth and Beauty

Hi!
This is my very first blog post... hope you enjoy.
I will be covering many topics, mainly beauty... including fashion, hair, skin, body... and everything in between!
Today I'd like to start with the IPL facial.
IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light.
No, I'm sorry... IPL stands for PAINFUL!!
Now, I will say I bought it on a discount, groupon-type deal... so I only paid $33 for something they said was worth $150. (I will disclose all prices on items I try, I buy everything on my own and if something is free, I will say so.)
Ok, so, back to the IPL facial.
This is no relaxing spa day. No.
This is like being whipped in the face with a hot metal rope. Over and over again.
Here's what happens:  You lay down in the treatment room, don protective goggles, and the technician rolls a hand-held device over your face. He pushes the button and ZAP! Then another ZAP! All over your face and neck. I beeged to have the machine turned down to a lower frequency. It felt like a million bees stinging you at once. Beauty is pain, right? NO!
Will I do it again? NO!
I will be staying far, far away from any IPL facial, althouth my technician Brad was very nice, he could do nothing do quell my gasps of pain.
Does it work, you may be asking?
I have no idea.
I don't see a difference so far. I was told I need more to really see a difference, but as I said... I will not be going back!!
Ever!
Have you had an IPL facial?
Tell me about it!

1 comment:

  1. Here, here...we don't need pain to be beautiful.
    P.S. -you are a really good writer!

    ReplyDelete